Holiday Reindeer Cookies
Gather 'round the tree on Christmas Eve and feast on these adorable reindeer cookies during the retelling of a family favorite by Clement Clarke Moore, "Twas the Night Before Christmas. If you listen closely, you might heard reindeer hoofs on the roof!Taste of Home Test Kitchen
32 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) Nutter Butter cookies
- 32 miniature marshmallows, cut in half widthwise
- Black decorating gel
- 32 red-hot candies
- 64 miniature pretzels
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip one cookie
- in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper.
- Attach two marshmallow halves onto cookie for eyes; add decorating
- gel for pupils. Add a red-hot for nose. Attach two pretzels for
- antlers. Repeat. Let stand until set. Yield: 32 cookies.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 182 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.