Holiday Pinwheel Cookies
Little helpers will have a blast helping to create these adorable pinwheels. They're an absolute cinch to make! —Karen Moore, Jacksonville, Florida
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons red colored sugar
- 3 tablespoons green colored sugar
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to
- soften. On a floured surface, knead cookie dough and enough flour to
- make dough easy to handle.
- Divide dough in half. Roll one portion into a 12-in. x 7-in.
- rectangle. Sprinkle with red sugar. Tightly roll up jelly-roll
- style, starting with a short side; wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat with
- remaining dough and green sugar. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until
- Unwrap and cut into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges
- begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/4 dozen.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookie dough; results may vary when using a different product.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 91 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium,