- lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool
- Grate 2 oz. white candy coating; set aside. In a microwave, melt
- remaining white coating with 2 tablespoons shortening; stir until
- smooth. Melt dark coating with remaining shortening in a microwave;
- stir until smooth.
- Dip half the cookies into white coating; allowing excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper. Sprinkle with pecans. Dip the remaining
- cookies in dark coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed
- paper. Sprinkle with grated white coating. Let stand until set.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4-1/2
Editor's Note: Confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk package of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 227 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.