Holiday Hash Brown Bake
With the chopped red and green peppers, this dish is perfect for Christmastime. And you don't have to worry about leftoversthere never seem to be any.Russell Moffett, Irvine, California
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 5 min.
- 2 packages (2 pounds each) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 5 cups (20 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Transfer to two
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Cover and bake at 350° for
- 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Yield: 24 servings.
Editor's Note: Recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 209 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.