Holiday Ham with Pineapple
My husband and I have lots of family living in our area, so any gathering is bound to be big. This ham satisfies everyone and is often requested. One of my brothers-in-law will eat six slices of this ham before helping himself to anything else. We never have leftovers.
-Sue Jackson-Tucker, Sunset, Utah
24-28 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (12 to 14 pounds), spiral-cut or thinly sliced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) pineapple juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 20 to 30 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Place ham in a roasting pan. Slowly pour pineapple juice over ham so
- it runs between slices. Spoon pineapple over ham. Sprinkle with
- brown sugar and cloves. Add raisins to pan juices. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Discard cloves. Cover and bake ham at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours
- or until a meat thermometer reads 140°, basting every 20
- minutes. Yield: 24-28 servings.
Editor's Note: If spiral-cut ham is not available, ask your butcher to cut a fully cooked ham into 1/8-in.-thick slices and tie it securely.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (8 ounces) equals 348 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,322 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.