Holiday Cranberry Jam
This cranberry jam is one I make at Christmas for family and friends. I especially like serving it for brunch, along with muffins or toast and fruit. —Sandee Berg, Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta
40 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Process: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 medium orange, peeled and broken into sections
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- In a food processor, coarsely process cranberries and orange
- sections. Place in a Dutch oven with strawberries and sugar. Bring
- to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for
- 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pectin. Skim off the foam.
- Carefully ladle into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace.
- Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10
- minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 5 half-pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 66 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.