Holiday Cranberry Cobbler
For a change of pace from pumpkin pie, I prepare this merry berry cobbler at Christmas. Our children, grandchildren and great-grandchild all enjoy it.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Combine pie filling and cranberry sauce. Spread in an ungreased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix,
- cinnamon and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts;
- sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream or
- whipped cream. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 382 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.