Holiday Cranberry Chutney
A chunky chutney like this one makes a great gift for friends and neighbors. I give them the chutney in a decorated jar with a package of cream cheese and a box of crackers. It makes a lovely snack and is just as good alongside a main dish.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring
- constantly. Reduce heat; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until apple is
- tender and mixture thickens. Cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator. Serve over cream cheese with crackers or
- as a condiment with pork, ham or chicken. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 107 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.