Holiday Cheese Balls
I received this party-perfect recipe from the wife of one of my co-workers. Everyone loves the delicious yet simple blend of cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, onions, parsley and pecans.Carol Hawley, Frederick, Maryland
28 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, divided
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, blue cheese and cheese
- sauce. Add 1/2 cup pecans, 1/4 cup parsley, onion and Worcestershire
- sauce; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Shape into two balls. Combine the remaining pecans and parsley; roll
- cheese balls in pecan mixture. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-3/4
- cups each).
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 124 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.