Holiday Brussels Sprouts
Peas and sprouts are a festive side dish when mixed with crunchy celery and flavorful bacon. This unusual combo will please both sprout lovers and non-sprout lovers alike. —Jodie Beckman, Council Bluffs, Iowa
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Cook brussels sprouts and peas according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute celery in butter until
- crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add bacon and chives. Drain
- brussels sprouts and peas; add to celery mixture and stir until
- blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 115 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.