“These sweet and flavorful nuts are addictive,” writes Trisha Kruse of Eagle, Idaho. “They’re simple to make and I love serving them during holiday parties or giving them as a gift.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 2 cups blanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings; set aside. In
- another bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. Add almonds; toss to
- coat. Add spice mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 325° for
- 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool
- completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.