We always have a plentiful supply of fresh mint leaves in the garden, so this makes a very refreshing drink on hot summer days. —Laura Mae Newcomer, Bowdoin, Maine
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- Crushed ice
- Lemon slices and additional mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the
- mint, lemon juice, orange juice and peel. Cover and let stand for 1
- Strain and discard mint and orange peel. Stir in cold water; serve
- over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and additional mint if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 150 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.