Hint of Mint Fruit Salad
I love making herbal syrups like the simple dressing for this colorful fruit salad. It definitely adds pizzazz to our Easter dinner. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup loosely packed mint sprigs
- 2-1/2 cups chopped apples
- 2-1/2 cups chopped ripe pears
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add mint;
- cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and discard mint. Transfer
- syrup to a small bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, combine the apples, pears, pineapple,
- strawberries and blueberries in a large bowl. Stir mayonnaise into
- mint syrup until blended; pour over fruit and toss to coat. Yield:
- 12 servings.