Fluffy and health-packed, these hotcakes are what Kelly Hanlon relies on to jumpstart frosty winter mornings in Strasburg, Colorado and keep her fueled up all day long. They’re scrumptious!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine the milk, yogurt and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot nonstick griddle coated with
- cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until
- second side is golden brown. Yield: 4 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pancake equals 142 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.