Hidden Pear Salad
Light and fluffy, this colorful salad is a very flavorful family favorite. When I made it for my husband's family before we were married, we all joked about not being able to find any pears, so the name stuck.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) pears, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- Lettuce leaves
- In a saucepan, bring pear liquid to a boil. Stir in gelatin until
- dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool at room temperature until
- syrupy. Meanwhile, puree pears in a blender.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy and smooth.
- Add pureed pears and mix well. Prepare whipped topping according to
- package directions; fold into pear mixture. Fold in cooled gelatin.
- Pour into a 4-1/2-cup mold that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Chill overnight. Just before serving, unmold salad onto a
- lettuce-lined platter.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 139 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.