Herbed Zucchini 'n' Carrots
Tamra Duncan, Centerton, Arkansas, shares this colorful blend of garden veggies.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried marjoram, thyme and chervil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the zucchini and seasonings in butter
- over medium heat for 8 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe
- dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until carrots
- are tender, stirring once; drain. Stir carrots into zucchini
- mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 52 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.