Herbed Veggie Mix-Up
A simple treatment of mixed herbs and seasonings brings out the best in this colorful medley of vegetables.—Marie Forte Raritan, New Jersey
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place beans and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a large
- saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for
- 7-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Add mushrooms and onion;
- saute until tender. Stir in the parsley, salt, oregano, basil,
- pepper, green beans and carrots; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 128 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.