Herbed Turkey Breast
"This is a family favorite that's also popular with company," notes Alicia Glovor of Sterling, Alaska. "The herbs tucked under the skin give the turkey a wonderful aroma as it's roasting, and the lemon juice adds a subtle hint of citrus."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along
- bottom edges. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1
- tablespoon oil, garlic and seasonings. Spread under turkey skin.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining lemon juice and oil; set aside.
- Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°; basting every 15-20 minutes with lemon mixture. Let stand
- for 10 minutes. Discard skin before carving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 158 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.