Herbed Tuna Sandwiches
A delightful combination of herbs and reduced-fat cheese make this simple tuna sandwich stand out. Marie Connor of Virginia Beach, Virginia shares the recipe.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Place four slices of toast on an
- ungreased baking sheet; top with tuna mixture and sprinkle with
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 332 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 144 mg cholesterol, 864 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon