Herbed Tuna Salad
"Cooking for two is such a challenge for us, since my husband and I do not care for leftovers," says Rebecca Schweizer of Chesapeake, Virginia. "This well-seasoned salad, with its distinctive dill flavor, is my favorite lunch recipe.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the
- mayonnaise and sour cream; stir into the tuna mixture.
- Divide the salad greens between two plates. Top with tuna mixture and
- tomato wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 170 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.