Herbed Tossed Salad
This recipe is a fresh-tasting side dish. The sweet red pepper gives it crunch, spark and a festive appearance.Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Mixed salad greens
- Sliced cucumber and sweet red pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. In a large salad
- bowl, combine greens, cucumber and red pepper. Drizzle with
- dressing; toss to coat. Yield: about 1-1/3 cups dressing.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 193 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.