“My husband and I grow our own tomatoes and enjoy this simple, delicious salad all summer long,” shares Kim Bovino
in Milford, Connecticut. “It’s great with warm French bread and butter for lunch or can double as a quick appetizer.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 2 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh tarragon, basil and parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes and onion. In another bowl, combine
- the oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour over
- tomatoes and onion; stir gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without salt and pepper) equals 116 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.