Herbed Tomato and Cheese Salad
A flavorful combination of ingredients and a tangy garlic-laced dressing makes this salad a mouthwatering delight;Sharon Miller, Olivenhain, California
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 large fresh tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place tomato wedges in a shallow dish. Cover with the green pepper,
- onion, cheese and olives. Sprinkle with basil. In a small bowl,
- whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 209 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.