- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook rice according to package directions; stir in parsley and dill.
- In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and carrot in butter
- until crisp-tender. Add the garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute
- longer. Stir into rice mixture; set aside.
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; carefully add shrimp. Cook, uncovered, for 30 seconds.
- Add scallops; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and
- scallops are firm and opaque. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Place seafood in a large bowl; stir in crab and set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in cream and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; stir in cream cheese and seasonings until cheese is
- melted. Pour over seafood mixture and stir until blended.
- Place rice mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with
- seafood mixture. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the
- top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 404 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 616 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.