Herbed Salmon Steaks
"This is one of my husband's favorites," says Karyn Schlamp from Vanderhoof, British Columbia. "We prepare these delightful yet simple steaks with salmon that we catch ourselves."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 salmon steaks (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Place butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine the
- cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, basil, oregano and garlic
- powder. Dip salmon into butter, then coat both sides with crumb
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 478 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 37 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.