Herbed Salad Dressing
I'm avid gardener, and thyme is one of my favorite things to grow. A few years ago, I even published a cookbook featuring herb tips and recipes. In this recipe, aromatic thyme really shines.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups tarragon vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Salad greens and vegetables of choice
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the first 10 ingredients;
- shake well. Refrigerate. Serve over salad. Yield: 3 cups.