Herbed Rib Roast
The pungent mixture of herbs and garlic turns this tender roast into a real treat. Our children and grandchildren look forward to feasting on it at Christmastime and other special family occasions.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Cut 15-20 slits in the roast; insert garlic. Combine salt, pepper,
- basil, parsley and marjoram; rub over roast. Place fat side up on a
- rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2
- hours or until meat reaches the desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°). Yield: 8-10 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.