Herbed Rib Roast
This spectacular roast is the star of any special meal my wife, Linda, and I host. A simple dry rub delicately seasons the tender juicy meat. When we set this entree in front of guests, they rave about it.
-Ron Poole, Saluda, North Carolina
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper or seasoned pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 6 pounds), trimmed and tied
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasonings; rub over roast.
- Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat
- reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for
- 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.