Herbed Potatoes N Peas
This side dish makes a winner out of any meal. Red potatoes and green peas add color to the table, and the herbs add zing to garden vegetables.Gail Buss, Westminster, Maryland
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Place potatoes and bay leaves in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring
- to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or just until tender;
- drain. Cut the potatoes into quarters; return to pan. Add butter and
- seasonings. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas; heat through. Discard
- bay leaves. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.