Herbed Pork Rib Roast
My husband, Dale, created this recipe, and it's become the specialty of the house. The seasoning also works well on pork chops, beef roast and chicken.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in pork rib roast (about 4 pounds)
- Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, marjoram, parsley and
- cayenne; rub over roast. Place in a large shallow glass dish. Cover
- and refrigerate overnight.
- Place roast bone side down in a shallow roasting pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° 80-90 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts:-Added by System Jul 07-->Nutrition Fats: 4-1/2 ounces equals 356 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.