Herbed Pork Medallions
I like to serve this tender pork for special occasions. My husband thinks I spend hours preparing it, but it's really easy to fix.Jodie Arkin, Waconia, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cut pork into 1/2-in. slices and pound to flatten. Combine butter and
- garlic powder; brush over pork. Combine the seasonings; sprinkle
- over pork.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side. Brush with
- honey; broil for 1 minute longer or until meat juices run clear.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 177 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot