Herbed French Fries
This recipe, combining fresh herbs and other seasonings, is very flavorful—a healthy, easy and quick way to make french fries without frying in deep fat.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash chili powder
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into thin strips
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add potatoes;
- toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender, turning
- once. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.