- longer pink; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove with a slotted
- spoon; set aside. Add remaining oil to skillet; gradually stir in
- flour until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat for about 2-3
- minutes or until lightly browned. Gradually add water; whisk until
- Return beef to skillet. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrot and onion. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes
- or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Divide pastry into four equal portions. On a lightly floured surface,
- roll out one portion into a 9-in. circle. Mound 3/4 cup filling on
- half of circle. Moisten edges with water; fold dough over filling
- and press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry and
- filling. Cut three slits in top of each; brush with egg.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 910 calories, 55 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 1,368 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.