A pleasant blend of herbs dresses up this buttery, fresh-flavored corn dish that's part of "all the trimmings" for our Thanksgiving meal. I also serve it frequently throughout the year and take a bowl along to carry-in dinners.
-Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, combine corn and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Drain; stir in the remaining ingredients. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 212 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.