My family and friends always comment on the wonderful herb flavors in this chicken recipe. The herbs make great seasoning for the vegetables, too! ;Polly Lloyd, Burlington, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound red potatoes, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- Place chicken in a greased roasting pan. Combine the water, bouillon,
- thyme, marjoram, and lemon-pepper; pour over chicken. Arrange the
- potatoes, onions and carrots around the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-30
- minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear,
- basting once. Let chicken stand for 5-10 minutes before carving.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 566 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 154 mg cholesterol, 841 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 52 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as