Herbed Butternut Squash
This is just one of many ways we prepare butternut squash—it’s a winter staple in our house. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Grill, covered,
- over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on
- each side or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 108 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.