Herbed Bread Twists
A blend of herbs and a special shape dress up ordinary frozen bread dough in the unbelievably easy recipe.Deb Stapert, Comstock Park, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram and oregano
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, combine butter and seasonings. On a lightly floured
- surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. Spread with butter mixture
- to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold dough into thirds. Cut widthwise into 24 strips. Twist each
- strip twice; pinch ends to seal. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 40
- Beat egg and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.