Herbed Beef Tenderloin
You don't need much seasoning to add flavor to this tender beef roast. The mild blending of rosemary, basil and garlic does the trick in this recipe from Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Tie tenderloin at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Combine oil
- and garlic; brush over meat. Combine the basil, rosemary, salt and
- pepper; sprinkle evenly over meat. Place on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked beef equals 198 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet