Herbed Baked Spinach
Parmesan cheese and garlic liven up this spinach dish, which goes well with met entrees and main-dish casseroles. Sometimes, I use broccoli as a spinach substitute. It's equally delicious.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until onion is tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the spinach, cream and milk.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 4 tablespoons cheese, bread crumbs,
- salt, marjoram and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until
- cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium,