Herbed Apricots 'n' Carrots
There's plenty of flavor in this bright side dish that's quick and easy to prepare but special enough for company. Jodi Rice of Appleton, Wisconsin seasons sliced carrots and dried apricots with a pleasant blend of dill, fennel, brown sugar and dry mustard.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 medium carrots, sliced
- 9 dried apricots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Place carrots and apricots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until carrots are
- crisp-tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; stir until
- butter is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 114 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.