Herb-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
If you want a quick recipe using lean pork tenderloin, try this one. In minutes, you can create a great-tasting rub using spices you already have in your cupboard. This rub has a nice little kick to it so you won't miss the salt, either.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; rub over pork.
- Place in a large ungreased shallow glass dish. Cover and refrigerate
- for up to 8 hours.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at
- 425° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork equals 143 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot