Herb-Rubbed Pork Roast
A flavorful herb rub seasons this moist pork roast that’s perfect for special meals. I also like to use the rub on pork chops or pork steak for timely yet tasty suppers. –Joyce Dubois of Wolsey, South Dakota
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; rub over roast. Place on a
- rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot