Frozen vegetables can often be bland by themselves. But tossing them with a little olive oil and some seasonings and then baking brings out their wonderful flavor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place vegetables in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over
- vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-23
- minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 144 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.