Herb-Roasted Game Hens
These golden Cornish hens, shown at right, are seasoned with basil, sage and thyme for plenty of flavor. They're simple to prepare yet make any occasion seem special. For a fast finish, serve corn bread stuffing and chunky cinnamon applesauce...or roasted cubed potatoes with pepper and carrots plus instant chocolate pudding for dessert.
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. In a
- small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over hens.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or a meat thermometer
- reads 180°. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 800 calories, 60 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 379 mg cholesterol, 1,089 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 60 g protein.