Herb Garlic Loaf
"Everyone who tastes this savory bread wants the recipe," reports Juanita Patterson, Quartzsite, Arizona. "With its mild garlic seasoning, slices of it are excellent with spaghetti, chili, stew or soup," she assures.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by
- manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and
- loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5
- minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if
- needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutrition Facts: One slice equals 93 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.