Herb-Crusted Sweet Onion Rings
“These are the ultimate onion rings! Lightly battered and seasoned with herbs and Dijon mustard, these cook up to be crisp and golden brown.” Denise Patterson - Bainbridge, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large sweet onions
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. Cut onions into
- 1/4-in. slices and separate into rings. Dip in flour mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to
- 375°. Fry onion rings, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each
- side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 215 calories, 15 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.