Herb-Crusted Red Snapper
An appetizing blend of herbs complements the mild flavor of these flaky fillets from field editor Nella Parker of Hersey, Michigan. Red pepper flakes give the entree its zip.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 red snapper fillets (5 ounces each), skin removed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and
- process until fennel is finely ground. Transfer to a shallow bowl;
- dip fillets in herb mixture, coating both sides.
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, cook fillets in oil for 3-4
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 200 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 681 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.