- rack in a large roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand 15 minutes
- before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth and wine to a boil; cook
- until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Remove from heat; stir in butter
- and salt. Slice roast; serve with au jus. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons au jus equals 338 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 612 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.