- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light
- and fluffy. Add egg and salt; mix well. Stir in the coconut, walnuts
- and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- For batter, in a large bowl, beat the sugar, water, oil, eggs,
- vanilla and vinegar until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa,
- baking soda and salt; gradually beat into oil mixture until blended.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups one-third full with batter.
- Drop filling by teaspoonfuls into center of each. Top with
- additional batter, filling muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- the cake portion of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes
- before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over low
- heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Cool to room
- temperature. Frost cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 dozen.
Editor’s Note: Cupcakes may also be baked in 30 paper-lined muffin cups for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake equals 130 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.