- gently to coat. Combine sugar and brown sugar; add to pecan mixture
- and stir gently to coat.
- Spread into two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at
- 325° for 18-22 minutes, stirring once. Cool. Store in an
- airtight container.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and brown
- sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking
- powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately
- with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 325° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir
- in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Serve with candied pecans. Yield: 16 servings (5 cups candied
To Make Ahead: The sugared nuts can be made a week in advance. The cake can be made the day before serving tightly wrapped at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice (calculated without candied pecans) equals 559 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.